New pub visits 2020 with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

8 Pickford Lane
Bexleyheath
DA7 4QW

Rex Rattus left this review about The Kentish Belle

There was nothing like the selection of ales available that previous reviewers enjoyed when I visited recently; just three, being Misfit Brass Castles; Cast Iron - Iron Pier; and Orkney Best. But the three were quite different, being a hoppy ale, a stout, and a bitter respectively. All were £3.75 a pint. There were also several ciders a vailable, so I wondered if an emphasis is shifting from beer to cider? But I really enjoyed my excellent pint of Iron Pier stout.

Anyway, this is yet another South East London micropub, and amply described by previous visitors. I found this one a bit more comfortable than most as it was furnished with upholstered benches and normal tables and chairs, rather than the tall tables and tall stools that we see in just about every other micropub.

As I always seem to say, if you like small and compact shop conversion bars selling good beer at decent prices then you will like this place. I do wish soemone would open a decent micropub in South West London.

On 28th January 2019 - rating: 7

Aqualung . left this review about The Kentish Belle

This is another new (early 2018) micropub in the outer suburbs of SE London and given what the William Camden on the other side of the station is like is very welcome. It's well described below but on my visit there were two women behind the bar the younger one appearing to be a new barmaid.
Seven beers were available, Beerblefish 1853 ESB & 1820 Porter, Arbor S Bomb, Gadd's Seasider, One Mile End Juicy 4pm, Little Critturs C Monster and Whitstable Hull Melon. I went for the Hull Melon (£3.75), Beerblefish 1853 ESB (£4.20) & 1820 Porter (£4.35) all of which were OK but especially the Beerblefish ones.
Withe the great choice of beers I really liked this one.

On 3rd September 2018 - rating: 8

Real Ale Ray left this review about Kentish Belle

A good sized micro pub found amongst a row of shops close to the railway station. The interior had bench seating along either side and a decent collection of walnut chairs and tables, running along either side. The flooring was also a walnut colour. One side of the pub had been wallpapered in a William Morris patterned paper, whereas the opposite wall was finished in white paint. We found the beer board situated on the left hand wall near the bar to be a confused mess of writing. The problem was that there wasn't enough spacing between each brewery and beer name, along with the beer description. The beer pricing was also in third, two third and pint options, this also was the same set for the ciders at the bottom of the board. We found the owner to be very impatient when we were perusing the said beer menu and as first time visitors he wasn't very welcoming either, especially on a Sunday lunchtime, when there was only a handful of customers in.
There was a choice of 12 ales and 8 ciders on our visit, so we went for the Tiny Rebel Dutty and Salopian Half Life.

On 27th March 2018 - rating: 7