Yet another list with Wittenden on the Pub Forum

Bundobust, Manchester

Pub added by aleand hearty
61 Piccadilly
Manchester
M1 2AG

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

ROB Camra left this review about Bundobust

A cellar bar and kitchen specialising in vegetarian Indian street food. There are quite a few long benches and a couple of alcoves. I ended up sitting in probably the same place as Rob below. The food smelt and looked good, but I had other plans to eat later. Two cask ales available and Track Sonoma was in very good nick. At £3.80 per pint it's quite reasonable for city centre Manchester. Not a place for a drinking session, but I may bring Ms CAMRA in for a look.

On 25th November 2019 - rating: 7

Rob Hunter left this review about Bundobust

Called in yesterday, a rainy Saturday afternoon in Manchester, and it was pretty busy. There is a sign as you enter saying to wait to be seated, but nobody was there so we just sauntered up to the bar at the back of the building as we weren't really sure if we were stopping for food or just a quick drink. A couple of stools soon became free at the shelf near the bar so we grabbed these. We decided to get a bit of a snack and went for the okra fries which were delicious.

Drinks wise, there are two hand pulls for cask ales but sadly one of these was off yesterday. The other was a 7.4% stout which we decided may be a bit much. All the 14 keg taps seemed to be operational, and one of these was a cider. There is a big chalk board to the left of the bar listing everything, including style, strength and price. Certainly a varied selection with equally varying prices.

I'm glad to have tried it but I am not sure it's the kind of place I would make a regular haunt just for a drink. Food wise, I would be happy to explore more of the menu.

On 17th March 2019 - rating: 7

Al Bundy left this review about Bundobust

A basement bar with an Indian theme to it. A single room with long benches and tables for seating. The bar has two handpumps and about 13 or 14 taps for crafty beers. It seemed popular on my visit bit its not really for me.

On 9th March 2018 - no rating submitted

aleand hearty left this review about Bundobust

Craft beer bar, specialising in Indian street food, mirroring the successful format of its Leeds sibling. Fourteen keg lines and two cask ales.

On 31st July 2017 - no rating submitted