Now that's what I call a proper pub crawl... with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Ruislip
HA4 7AN

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Aqualung . left this review about The Hop & Vine

For me this is a proper micropub although it does sell some selected spirits but I'd never heard of any of them. It also has a couple of craft keg options and wines but the cold room behind the small bar counter predominately has racks of casks and a couple of non mainstream ciders. There is also a fridge to the left with a range of bottles and cans.
It's a reasonable size for a micropub and on my Wednesday early afternoon visit was not busy. It's an almost square room with a low bench down the left and right walls and low tables and chairs along them. There are a couple of upturned wine or sherry barrels in the middle of the room. There are no TVs or music.
There were four cask ales available on my visit XT 18, Box Steam Brolly, Wild Beer Bibble and One Mile End Great Tom Mild. I went for the XT 18 and the mild both of which were in good nick and both priced at £4.10. This makes it the most expensive micropub I've been to. With low overheads and no beer tie these places should be and usually are cheaper than other pubs. If Ruislip overheads are so high why does the JDW have normal prices?

On 6th May 2018 - rating: 7