Disappointment of the week with hondo on the Pub Forum

Bridport
DT6 3QJ

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Aqualung . left this review about The Pursuit of Hoppiness

This is Bridport's first micropub well situated on the main road through the centre of Bridport. I actually made two visits to this one, the first on the way to the JDW and the second on the way back. It's a fairly typical micropub in just about every way. It's a wide room about what you might expect in size with a laminate floor and rug, tall furniture, a few pavement tables and chairs outside, a tiny servery with six hand pumps and a cold room at the rear. The tables and benches are more Mr Bean than Tommy Walsh but that doesn't detract from the place. There is one single toilet and on my second visit there was a soundtrack playing quietly. Platters of smoked meat and cheese were advertised.
There were five beers on although when I returned Thornbridge Polaris had filled the gap. The five were Wimbledon Blonde, Vibrant Forest Mosaic, Tiny Rebel Juicy, Cerne Abbas Watercress Warrior and Dorset Brewing Gyle 59. I went for the Vibrant Forest beer (£3.80) which was excellent. On my return I went for one of the five ciders on offer, Dorset Nectar Old Hairy Rocks (£3.60) which was a nice tasty dry cider. Sadly I missed the CAMRA discount.
I thought this was another good micropub but some lower seating would be appreciated if only a few old casks with an upholstered wooden top.

On 26th June 2017 - rating: 8