Bottled Beer Bargain Alert with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

Burton on Trent
DE14 1BT

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Quinno _ left this review about The Last Heretic

Oblong room painted in an ill-advised green grey colour all round so gloom central, as well as being almost empty on my Thursday night visit bar some Ladz with Epic Bantz. Four ales available from a cold store, quite an eclectic choice (Brewhouse & Kitchen, Brewers Droop, Abstract Elephant and Isle of Purbeck) and five ciders plus some foreign bottles. My Elephant, whilst ostensibly in decent nick, wasn’t a particularly pleasant beer (the brewer subsequently told me that the beer was brewed in Autumn the previous year and was past its BBE…). Didn’t really care for this one the weakest of the three Burton micros in my view.

On 5th March 2020 - rating: 5

Ian Mapp left this review about The Last Heretic

I'm not the man to be reviewing Micros but I popped in as it was in the GBG 2018.

Its a shop. The beers are kept on racking in a seperate glassed off airlock room.

I had a beautiful looking Heacham Gold but it was absolutely headless and lifeless.

Not my cup of tea but give it a go if you like micros.

Visit blogged at Classic Pub with good Burton Bridge Beer.

Worth checking out.

Visit blogged at http://bit.ly/2O9rRfy

On 23rd July 2018 - rating: 3

custodian 42 left this review about The Last Heretic

Third decent micro pub and the fullest of them all. Good real ale selection and is worth a return when quieter so I can see what I'm drinking.

On 5th March 2017 - rating: 7

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Last Heretic

The Last Heretic, or should I say the last pint, before heading to the train station. This was a friendly and comfortable micro, which is well described, only to add the lighting was subdued in the evening from the glass orb ceiling lamps and some candles. The barmaid was hip and trendy and can only be described as a female hipster. Four ales to choose from, so we went for the Blue Monkey Infinity, and XT 25.

On 23rd January 2017 - rating: 7

Aqualung . left this review about The Last Heretic

This is another fairly typical Burton micropub consisting of a narrow room with a wooden floor and grey walls.
Four beers were available Tower Gone For A Burton, a Muirhouse beer, an Osset beer and RAT Rat in the Kitchen. I went for the Tower beer (£3.00) which unfortunately was rather flat. Whether this was down to the brewery or the pub I'll never know but I would give this place another go.

On 12th October 2016 - rating: 8

Old Boots left this review about The Last Heretic

A single room micro almost next door to the Roebuck. There's bench seating down each side at a mix of tables and the counter is at back on the right. No pulls as the beers are fetched by the landlord from the glass cellar/cupboard behind the counter all served by gravity. The usual offices are up a corridor to the side of the cellar. Four beers and four ciders were on when I visited, again excellent condition as expected in a micro. A painted sign on the wall explains the name.

On 31st July 2016 - no rating submitted