Pubs Galore crawls 2020 with oldboots on the Pub Forum

Loughborough
LE11 5BE

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Alan Winfield left this review about Needle & Pin

The Needle & Pin is a Micro pub that i walked past without knowing it was a pub.
Once inside there is a small oblong shaped room which runs to the rear,the bar is to the rear and up two steps,there is a stone floor,the seating is bench seating on the left side and tall tables and chairs on the right side,there is also a room upstairs.
There were four real ales on the bar,i had a drink of Stancill Barnsley Bitter,which was a very nice drink,the other real ales were Slightly Foxed Urban Fox,Milk Street Stout and Stardust PK3.
Pretty similar to most Micro Pubs i have been in and almost empty on my Saturday dinner visit.

Pub visited 1/7/2017

On 15th October 2017 - rating: 7

custodian 42 left this review about Needle & Pin

Good micropub which, unsurprisingly, was quite full. The barman was attentive and I would return to this place.

On 26th March 2017 - rating: 8

Aqualung . left this review about Needle & Pin

I did wonder if there was any connection between the name of this pub and the Searchers and the previous review gives me the answer. I'm old enough to remember the Mersey Beat group and a track called Needles and Pins was their second number one single. If the owner is the older of the two blokes who were there when I arrived then he is way too young to know about the Searchers!
The previous review also describes the place well. I didn't venture upstairs but downstairs just seemed to have three tables alongside the bench on the wall.
The three hand pumps had Thornbridge Lord Marples & McConnells Vanilla Stout and Scarborough Sealord. I went for the Mc Connells which was excellent. Although it was priced on the blackboard at £3.60 I was charged £3.40 so assume they thought I was a CAMRA member (is it that obvious?).
I thought this was a good micropub and with the Swan in the Rushes only a few doors away makes this side of town well worth a look.

On 7th December 2016 - rating: 8

Real Ale Ray left this review about Needle & Pin

Slightly disappointed to find this micropub shut on our arrival at 5.10pm on Tuesday, so were two fellow ale chaps. The owner noticed us milling around out the front and opened 20 mins earlier, nice one.
This micro is on two levels, ground floor and a wide staircase to the first floor. The ground floor consisted of high tables and stools along the left hand wall as you enter, with a collection of casks under the tables. The bar counter was positioned at the rear left hand side and had an oak counter top and a brick front. Opposite the bar was a bank of bottle chillers with a substantial collection of varied beers.
There was three pumps in operation, so we immediately opted for the Swannay IPA from Orkney, which was first class. We also tried the Market Harborough Bitter MHB. The third pump was the owner's own brew, which was called Wicked Hathern Brewery Dovecote Porter.
The upstairs room had more seating and a record player, where you can choose a vinyl. There was also a photo of the Searchers, a well known Liverpool band. I should definitely know them, as I used to knock around with the lead singer's son. The owner told me he was a fan.

On 12th April 2016 - rating: 8