Old photos from 1979 with Pangolin on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Solihull
B92 9EU

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Pup & Duckling

I totally agree with Danny's review below, the owner and three of his cronies at the bar were so unwelcoming and made it so obvious that they didn't want to engage in any conversation with outsiders at the bar. My second visit to the bar counter was even worse, as I cracked a joke, being jovial as I am, and the owner's son then tried to belittle me and said 'come again? I don't understand what you're saying', then he looked me up and down as though I was something on his shoe. I stayed calm and took the Mrs into the back room where we met a couple of friendly rockers and enjoyed a beer and a laugh with them. They were so decent that they saw us waiting for a bus and took us to the train station.
This micro opens at 5pm on a Saturday, which is far too late in my opinion. The owner also couldn't be bothered to put up a beer board or pricing on this visit. There was three beers on out of six handpumps, so we went for Siren Suspended in Magic, which was rank and tasted like alcopops, also three other customers handed it back to the bar and promptly walked out. Our second choice was Bexley Five Arches, which was fine, but overpriced at £3.60 a pint.

On 27th June 2018 - no rating submitted

Danny O'Revey left this review about The Pup and Duckling

unwelcoming micro pub that is best left to the locals. Shame, as its in an area with little ale choice.

On 31st May 2016 - rating: 4

Delboy 20 left this review about The Pup and Duckling

Micropub in Solihull. Limited opening hours - best to check the website.

On 16th March 2016 - no rating submitted