Yet another list with Komakino on the Pub Forum

Bradford
BD1 3JH

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about Record Cafe

Visited on a weekday afternoon earlier in the month. I wasn't sure if this would really be my kind of place but I wanted to try a few places on North Parade that I had not been to before so though I would give it a go. Very pleased that I did, there is a nice café style atmosphere with music playing at a sensible volume and a small mezzanine area with a record store above. It just had a nice chilled out feel to the place. Service was friendly and welcoming. At the bar, four cask ales were on plus 7 keg lines. A mix of styles including bitter, blonde, pale, pilsner, IPA, porter, stout, sour and a DIPA. A chalk board lists everything that is available. I had a Milk Stout by Lost Industry (cask) which was 4.9% and £1.70 for a half. I stayed for another (different) drink which was also good. I could have stayed all day here, but resisted temptation and continued to explore a few other places. I may be being overly generous, but it's a 10/10 for me.

On 23rd March 2018 - rating: 10

ROB Camra left this review about Record Cafe

Called in a couple of times since my last review. The beer has always been good and we ate here on one occasion. The quality of the charcuterie board was very good. We'll no doubt call in again soon.

05/02/2015
This one really is very cafe style. Upstairs to the rear is an area where they sell vinyl records, although to be honest I have many more at home than they had in here. On my visit the condensation on the windows was terrible, it was so bad that you couldn't see out or in. Downstairs has bare brick walls and lots of cafe tables. The menus are presented on old record sleeves. The bar's slogan is Vinyl Ale Ham, so you can guess what the food is based on, although cheese is available as well along with some other snack type items. 4 handpumps on the bar along with quite a bit of craft keg and a real cider. My pint of Kirkstall was in good nick as well. I'm not too sure about this place. It is quirky and the ale is good, but I'm not convinced about the rest of it. I'll call in next time I'm in Bradford though.

On 2nd March 2016 - rating: 7

Alan Winfield left this review about Record Cafe

The Record Cafe is one of many new bars that have opened on North Parade in the last few years.
Once inside there is a small oblong shaped room which runs to the rear,the bar is on the mid right side,there is a bench seat with no back running down the left side with chairs,there are also two normal tables and chairs to the front.
There were four real ales on the bar,i had a drink of Vocation Bread and Biter which went down well,the other beers noted were Saltaire Citra,Kirkstall Black Band Porter and one from Magpie Brewery.
Decent background music was playing,the pub was was also quite busy on my late Saturday afternoon visit.
A good addition the Bradfords drinking scene.

Pub visited 2/1/2016

On 19th February 2016 - rating: 8

Quinno _ left this review about Record Cafe

Another long and narrow North Parade outlet but to be fair has more seating space than Al’s and a more relaxing atmosphere. Décor was a little bleak and sparse for my linking, though the wood-panelled bar looked good. Food majors on charcuterie, with the menu painted on the black wall to the right as you enter. As we were on expenses we decided to drop a few quid on it and got a decent amount of stuff coming back. The meat, I noted, was carved fresh from the jamon behind the counter. Four on ales on, Purple Moose Glaslyn (a little flat), Exit 33 Hop Monster (decent) one from Milestone and one other I forgot to note. Also six ‘craft’ taps. Service was friendly. Apparently the record thing in the name is because they sell vinyl records upstairs. Not bad, overall.

On 16th November 2015 - rating: 7

Real Ale Ray left this review about Record Cafe

There was a choice of 4 ales on handpump on our visit, all of which were in top class condition. We especially liked the Neepsend Brew Co Blond and the Half Moon Autumn Hew, both were good session beers.
The owner was very friendly and chatty and also informative on other places and pubs to visit in West Yorkshire. The pub also offers a range of 13 different gins. Well worth a return visit.

On 3rd November 2015 - rating: 8