Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Lincoln
LN1 2SD

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 10 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Old Blue left this review about Dambusters Inn

My revisit to the Dambusters last weekend found friendly landlord and locals, and an expanded line of eight handpulls, two with real ciders, one with a perry, and five ales – two from Kelham Island, one Cottage, and Dukeries IPA and Thwaites Lancaster Bomber (obviously). The two ales I tried were on good form. The menu offered traditional pub food with mains at around £8, and we ate here this time, on the decked area to the front which was something of a sun trap on an unusually warm April day in Lincolnshire. Our meals were really tasty and generously portioned. I was a tad disappointed to see the bar billiards table on its side, replaced by a dining table and waiting to be put on eBay. On the other hand, good news that the pub now has strong enough trade to need the extra table, and my missus seemed relieved not to have to give me a game. Still an excellent pub, and I will certainly return when in the area

Below review was from my first visit in January 2013 -

This multi-roomed pub on the main road through the village near RAF Scampton is almost a museum to WWII flying, with memorabilia all around, including a memorial to 617 squadron in the entrance, the instrument panel, a wheel and part of a wing from a Lancaster bomber in a side room, uniforms, pictures, etc, etc. I was surprised to discover it used to be a village store and post office, as it is very much a proper pub. Despite the cold day it had a very warm atmosphere, with a log fire and also a bar billiards table in a side room and a bar skittles game in a rear room.

The excellent ale range from five hand pumps included Oakham JHB, Thornbridge Jaipur, Thwaites Lancaster Bomber (obviously!), Bateman’s Miss Lapland, and a Titanic brew. Unfortunately we just missed the end of lunch service, and we needed to move on after a pint and a game of bar billiards, It was easily my favourite pub from last week’s Lincolnshire visit, and I’ll certainly do my best to return for a more leisurely session here, as I could happily have stayed all day.

On 26th April 2014 - rating: 10