Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Stew & Oyster, Oakwood, Leeds

Pub added by david hammill
488 Roundhay Road
Leeds
LS8 2HU

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about Stew & Oyster

This is a welcome addition to the area, with its four hand pumps and an interesting collection of keg beers and foreign lagers as well. Plus there's the food - mostly stews, as you would expect; didn't see any oysters though (not that I was looking too hard). The ambience is definitely at the cafe end of the spectrum and I'm not sure I could have stood much more of the music...

Beers on the bar were Kirkstall Pale Ale, Thornbridge Jaipur, and two beers that would take almost as long to say as to drink: Redwillow Brewery's Faithless XIV(2), which is a saison flavoured with juniper and lemongrass, and Hand Drawn Monkey Brewery's What Would Jephers Do?, which is described as a speciality grain beer. I didn't have time to ask for either of these, so I settled for the Kirkstall Pale, which was OK but a little pricey I thought at £1.70 for a half. If I lived around here I would definitely pop in from time to time to check out the beers, but I wouldn't make a special trip (anyone who likes oysters might have their own reasons for disagreeing with me).

On 27th July 2013 - rating: 5

david hammill left this review about Stew & Oyster

nice little new pub in what used to be a bank nice range of real ale and food on offer well worth a viset

On 30th July 2012 - rating: 5