Beer of the Week (w/e 7th August 2022) with hondo on the Pub Forum

Bradford-On-Avon
BA15 1LE

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Blue Scrumpy left this review about Lock Inn Cafe

The Lock Inn was the best place we visited in Bradford-on-Avon on this visit. It has a lovely location next to a very busy canal, allowing you to watch barges queuing up to enter the nearby lock.

2 real ales were on - Kettlesmith Coastline & Bath Gem. The real cider was the local Iford Medium Dry. However, we were drawn to the Iford Peto Press, a sparkling cider I'd never had before. We ordered two halves, but in hindsight I should have ordered a pint to share, as the price for two halves £5.50 was well in excess of that for a pint. My son had to go thirsty, as I refuse to pay £2.95 for a flaming Fruit Shoot!!

The location is certainly nice and relaxing, but it is hard to enjoy the experience when you're constantly waiting for things - you wait at a hut-like structure at the entrance to be shown to a table, you wait again for your order to be taken, you wait (a while) for your drinks to arrive and you wait again at the hut to settle the extortionate bill.

Again, this place was a mixed bag. Local ales and cider, a lovely location, but slow service and extortionate prices to spoil the experience.

On 3rd June 2021 - rating: 6

Philip Carter left this review about Lock Inn Cafe

Great place right by the canal. A couple or moorings available. Small bar area. Very friendly staff and, if the manager is reading this, I'm sorry I spoilt his joke.

On 15th June 2011 - rating: 6