Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Derby
DE1 2RR
Phone: 01332204873

Al Bundy left this review about Victoria Inn

A music venue with some pictures of bands that seemed to have played here. Nine Black Alps was interesting. Fantastically there was a photo of Half Man Half Biscuit so that'll do me. The actual pub? Crap.

On 7th August 2015 - rating: 3

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Victoria Inn

Music pub, located close to the railway station, with two rooms set around the bar area and the compact venue to the rear. Decorated with band photographs and concert posters. Also has a narrow patio area at the front. Three real ales on handpump, including a decent pint of Marston's Pig 'n a Poke (£3.30). Overall, rather more interesting than I was expecting.

On 7th September 2014 - rating: 7

ROB Camra left this review about Victoria Inn

This is quite a surprising pub. You enter into a small bar with a couple of seating areas to the left and right. The walls are covered with adverts and photos of gigs both past and in the future. As you look around you think "Where on earth do they put the band?" Then you notice a sound proofed door. There was no real ale on the bar, so I had a pint of lager and ventured though the doorway. At the rear is a decent sized venue with a small stage. Just behind the door are a few steps down so watch out for these as the venue is pretty dark. There was a rock/post punk band playing on the stage who weren't bad at all. In fact I think the lead guitarist could go on to bigger and better things. I drank my pint and listened for about 30 minutes and thought that it was a bit of a bargain getting a gig thrown in for free. I'll definitely call back to see who's playing on my way back to the hotel in future.

On 24th April 2012 - rating: 7