Reviewing milestone with Wittenden on the Pub Forum

Mickleover
Postal town: Derby
DE3 9GF

Pub Type

Flame Grill (Greene King)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Nags Head

I had a quick look at WhatPub before deciding to call in at this pub - it is a Greene King Flame Grill, after all. Ten hand pumps is what it says there - and 10 hand pumps is what I saw when I approached the bar. Amazing! With most of the beers light and floral, or dark and fruity, it wasn't difficult to decide on a half of Bass, and this was in tip top condition, my only grouse being that it was served in one of those too-thin lager glasses that look like they'll topple over if you cough. This is a see-it-to-believe-it Brewers Tudor roadside pub, and it's very well preserved and presented. To be fair I spent most of my time watching the Test match from Lord's on the big screen, and being careful not to knock my beer over, but I did observe the environs as I went to and from the gents, and it seems like a very nice place for a beer or two. There's a garden at the back, and a room for pool and darts too. Ten hand pumps! I can't believe Alan Winfield didn't make it to this one.

On 3rd June 2022 - rating: 7