How Will Pubs Open? with Thuck Phat on the Pub Forum

60 George Street
Oban
PA34 5SD

Aqualung . left this review about Cuan Mor

As noted below this a a foody place that only opened in 2006 and was presumably originally a shop or restaurant. All the tables were set out for dining but I grabbed one anyway. I only saw two hand pumps which had one wasted with GK / Belhaven St Andrews Ale and Oban Bay Kilt Lifter. I went for the Kilt Lifter which was in good nick but was a very pedestrian pale ale with little merit. I was charged £4.80 for this which would be a scandalous price in Central London. In the next pub I had to find a mirror and check if someone had written MUG on my forehead during the journey up from Glasgow.
I've no time for rip off places like this which incredibly is GBG 2017 listed.

On 18th May 2017 - rating: 2

Will Larter left this review about Cuan Mor

This is very much a restaurant and bar, or at a pinch, café bar rather than a pub, with the vast majority of the space inside taken up with tables for diners. To be fair, it's a very well stocked bar, and there are stools and space around it for drinkers to sit or lean, but I wouldn't feel comfortable spending more than about half an hour here if I wasn't eating.

There are three hand pumps, and the beer list describes in great detail the beers to be had from Oban Bay Brewery, but unfortunately only one was available on my wet and windy early afternoon visit: Skelpt Lug is their version of an 80/-, which was served far to cold to give the taste much of a chance, though it improved slightly as it warmed up.

On 7th September 2012 - rating: 5