Random news of the day with Rex_Rattus on the Pub Forum

North Shields
NE29 6QH

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about The Pow Burn

Paid a visit this Tuesday. The pub has been reported as closed on here so may well have closed and re-opened. It's about two years since I was last in the Pow Burn and I seem to recall at that time they had real ales by Mordue and Wylam. At the time of my most recent visits there were 6 hand pulls at the bar, 5 of which were on, offering Doom Bar and the rest by Mordue - IPA, Radgie Gadgie, Workie Ticket and Blonde. I had a half of the Radgie Gadgie at £1.30 so well priced and was a rather decent bitter.

The Pow Burn is a bit like a Spoons / Lloyds really. Sky News was on the many TV screens (muted) with music playing. I would suggest with the number of screens in the bar area that it must be a bit of a sports bar. I could see four from where I was sat! The bar itself is very long and there is a mix of seating but primarily high tables and chairs.

The lady serving food was coughing and spluttering as she carried it from the kitchen so that was a little offputting, but otherwise it seemed nice enough with a couple of fairly friendly ladies running the place.

On 19th July 2018 - rating: 7