Served areas on Pubs Galore with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Manchester
M41 9SB

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about The Steamhouse

Re-visited on Saturday night, finishing a crawl of Urmston before getting the train back home. Six cask ales at the bar. Fairly busy, plenty of atmosphere, but we managed to find a table. My Raspberry Wheat Bear by Milestone was pretty good, the Phoenix Snowbound that followed it less so. They also do a couple of German lagers on keg, in addition to more mainstream options. Something for everyone here. Always a reliable option when in Urmston.

On 16th December 2019 - rating: 8

Rob Hunter left this review about The Steamhouse

I don't think the Steamhouse does its own beers anymore; at least I haven't seen any sign of this on my visits over the past year or so. They have recently changed the menu, according to signs outside, but before this I had been in and had tasty food at fairly reasonable prices. I will have to go and investigate the new menu. There is usually a good selection of real ale at the bar, though a couple of times I have noticed that Marstons stuff can dominate. Quality is usually good and the service has always been friendly. Would recommend.

The play area mentioned previously is at the very left hand side as you enter the pub, and is quite small and geared at toddlers really. I've been a few times at lunch time and only seen it in use once. It didn't seem intrusive, though perhaps it is different at weekends! It's not really the kind of play area you would dump your kids in and let them run feral, more of a means to pass the time with a bored baby or toddler while waiting for your meal.

On 4th January 2018 - rating: 9

ROB Camra left this review about The Steamhouse

A pub in an old railway building on Urmston station. There are multiple rooms with one set up purely for dining. There's a small kiddies play area at the other end, so beware. It's a traditional looking pub with some great, high backed settles in a couple of the rooms. The main room has a very high ceiling and features a huge clock and lots of B & W photos of old Urmston. This also acts as the brewery tap for their own micro brewery. 8 handpumps with 2 from Steamhouse and 6 changing guests. I visited here twice on my crawl of Urmston, once at the beginning and again at the emd whilst waiting for my train. Both pints I had were in very good nick. It's a very good pub.

On 21st June 2016 - rating: 8

Al Bundy left this review about The Steamhouse

A very good pub situated on the outbound platform of Urmston station. 8 handpumps on the bar. A 3 roomed place with a dining area to one side. Germanic beers available. Though its an old station house there didn't seem to be that much train related bumpf, unless I wasn't looking properly.

On 9th June 2016 - rating: 8