Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with Quinno on the Pub Forum

Rochester
ME1 1EY

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

E TA left this review about Oliver's

A spectacular townhouse as described below, previously the Enigma Winebar, now trying to be both a gastro and a cocktail bar and not doing either particularly well. I certainly didn't consider myself at home here, and the food wasn't that glorious. Prices were unnecessarily high, but I suppose you've got to pick a pocket or two in this business. As there is no real ale on I don't suppose I shall be back soon.

On 20th February 2018 - rating: 3

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Oliver's

Bar / restaurant housed in a fine old townhouse, but set back from the road a bit so not really visible from any distance. This leaves space for a small front patio, and there is a larger split-level patio garden to the rear. Inside, you find a distinctly odd mixture of a fancy front dining room, an almost totally bare bar and connected 'Ballroom' with black paintwork and a cramped rear 'Library' with canteen-style tables. No real ale, unfortunately, so I foolishly went for what I guessed was likely to be an overpriced Peroni (at £5.20, so it was...).

On 17th September 2017 - rating: 5