Covid Rules Stuff with rpadam on the Pub Forum

SE22
SE22 8EW
Phone: 02086933994

Pub Type

Metropolitan Pub Co (Greene King)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Moby Duck left this review about The Bishop

A fairly large sized pub with a slightly modern feel counterbalanced by a fair amount of dark carved wood, Only two ales were on Greene King IPA and Trumans Runner,I had a half of the later, I nearly choked when charged £2.55 for the pleasure, it wasn't even in very good nick, in a strange twist of fate I had been bashed by the Bishop! I can only mark the pub down for such goings on, and are not likely to return.

On 9th April 2017 - rating: 4

john gray left this review about The Bishop

Another warm busy pub.More modern fittings than most of the pubs round here.Noisy.Four cask beers from Twickenham,Elb,Trumand and Gk-ipa.Couple of good kegs as well.Worth a visit.

On 5th March 2016 - rating: 7

Alan Winfield left this review about The Bishop

The Bishop is a large corner pub that is situated on a busy shopping street.
Once inside there was a large square shaped room with the bar to the right,there were tall leather bench seating to the front right with american diner type seating to the front left,this area was part bare boarded and wood tiled,there was a seperate area to the rear which had normal tables and chairs,this area was carpeted and busy with diners.
There were three real ales on the bar,i had a drink of Weasel bitter which was a decent enough drink,the other beers were Belhaven Robert Burns and Doom Bar.
I sat on the tall bench seating at the front of the pub,so i could watch the world go by,this was a decent enough pub to have a drink in.

Pub visited 25/1/2014

On 25th January 2014 - rating: 7

Graham Coombs left this review about The Bishop

Rather dark pub with gastro tendencies but lacking atmosphere - feels a bit like an exercise on seeing how many tables and chairs you can line the rooms and outsides with. Beer seems well-kept (Cask Marque) and range of food on offer sounded OK although not sampled. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit, but tolerable enough.

On 4th July 2013 - rating: 7

Steve C left this review about The Bishop

This pub changed its name from the Forester’s Arms to The Bishop after a major refurbishment back in 2005. I visited on a recent sunny Friday afternoon when the pub was almost empty so there was little atmosphere, but the barmaid was friendly and made me feel welcome. The pub is open plan and the bar is located on the right hand wall. A premium draught selection is available and I noted three hand pumps that were drawing Hogs Back Brewery’s Spring Ale and TEA alongside Weasel Beer that is brewed on site. I had a half which showed great promise until the taste faded away into nothing, I should have stuck to the TEA.
There are some picnic tables on the path outside the front of the pub and at the rear there is a gated alleyway that also houses some picnic tables. Some iron stairs lead up to a roof terrace that I didn’t visit.

This pub is ok, but if I find myself in this neck of the woods again I’m more likely to be found in The East Dulwich Tavern up the road.

On 5th July 2012 - rating: 6