Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with hondo on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Birmingham
B40 1NT

Pub Type

J D Wetherspoon

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Wetherspoons (JD Wetherspoon)

The smaller and busier of the two 'spoons located withinh the National Exhibition Centre, with much of the seating at the front in the piazza area plus a small wood-decking patio offering some fresh air (smokers permitting) at the back. Abbot and Pedigree (£3.80) available from the three handpumps on this visit. However, it appears to be efficiently-managed and - considering its location - slightly better than one might expect.

On 22nd April 2019 - rating: 6

Aqualung . left this review about Wetherspoons (JD Wetherspoon)

I turned up to this place around midday so easily found a seat. The three hand pumps had one unused leaving just Abbot or Pedigree which was priced at £3.49 on the menu. I noticed the Newcastle Brown was just £3.15 so ordered a bottle of that.
I don't regard this as a proper JDW let alone a proper pub so won't score it. If I did it would be in the realms of the score of shame as it's way too expensive and has a rubbish choice of beer.

On 30th January 2017 - no rating submitted

Steve C left this review about Wetherspoons (JD Wetherspoon)

I swung by Wetherspoons around 14:00 on Friday (28/11) to find a queue that stretched out past some outside seating into the piazza. I hadn’t been here before so I had to endure the queue that was made up by an interesting mix of people that were attending the Good Food Show and Motorcycle Live exhibitions.

I must admit to being slightly peeved when I saw the queue, but the staff soon made light work of the backlog. I spotted three hand pumps to the left of the bar, but having already started on the fizz over at the airport I went for a pint of Drosters. This being a Spoons food is obviously available and there is the obligatory TV showing muted rolling terrestrial news.

Being in the NEC this place feels like an airport bar, although there is some outside seating which was busy with smokers.

On 30th November 2014 - rating: 6

Graham Coombs left this review about Wetherspoons (JD Wetherspoon)

Small but useful Wetherspoons in NEC - good value compared to other outlets. Opening hours can be very limited according to what events are on though. Close to Halls 1-5 and Arena - entrance P1

On 16th April 2010 - rating: 7