New pub visits 2019 with bcfczuluarmy on the Pub Forum

Carmarthen
SA31 1QG

Reviews Add Review see review guidelines

Soup Dragon left this review about Coracle Tavern

A bit of a strange one this. It is a Marston's corner pub and eatery. There is certainly a pub on the site in the Victorian period, which may have extended a little. The pub is in cream render - a cottage style fontage, with three upper windows and two larger downstairs flanking the central entrance. The pub then extends to the rear. The interior is L-shaped, and is an open room in cream, red and some brick. It has a stone floor and a burner fire. I believe there is further dining space upstairs. I actually didn't get much chance to look around, as they had stopped serving food and got chatting to the only local in, as he too had been to the Swansea v Malmo match, as we had, a few days before. The chap was kind enough to flog me the programme, as we couldn't get one on the night! The service was great, despite the fact that all the handpull beers were rancid; the Pedigree and the Jennings Cocky Blonde. I had to settle for the Marston's smooth. There was no music and i saw no TV. Not a great visit, but the friendly nature of the pub soothed that a little.

On 2nd September 2013 - no rating submitted