Guess who I met today? with oldboots on the Pub Forum

The Bay Horse, Manchester

Pub added by peter ashworth
35-37 Thomas Street
Manchester
M4 1NA

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Ian Mapp left this review about The Bay Horse

Came in the heat looking for Manchester pubs with beer gardens - and not the obvious ones.

This had a small terrace out the back.

Not much going on the ale front, I stuck to a camden hells lager. This was fine - but its the food that I will remember this place for.

Downstairs dining room and top quality nosh.

On 30th June 2019 - rating: 8

ROB Camra left this review about The Bay Horse

Now has cask ale, but a half of Track Sonoma was a rip off £2.40. I can buy a Nine for £90 you thieving gits.

09/04/2010
I'm not sure why I like this place. It's got no real ale, it's often difficult to get a seat and when you do they're really uncomfortable (well the bench seating is anyway). They sell a decent selection of wine though which is why the other half likes it. It is quirky though, maybe that's why I like it.

On 14th January 2019 - rating: 4

Rob Hunter left this review about The Bay Horse

This place never used to look that inviting but I think it may have had a refurb relatively recently as it now looks quite smart both inside and out. Real ales are available and I had The Mancunian by Brightside and my friend had Mango Where No Man Go Before by Manchester Brewing. Both in good nick and made for easy drinking. From memory there were probably four or five hand pulls for cask ale. Craft keg stuff also available as well as bottles and cans.

On 13th June 2018 - rating: 7

Al Bundy left this review about The Bay Horse

A pretty average pub which seems to be one single room. Strange looking sofa seating along the walls. Lots of signs pointing you to a "secret garden'. Wooden floor with horseshoe prints leading somewhere. No real ale.

On 30th December 2015 - rating: 5