Pubs Galore crawls 2020 with Pangolin on the Pub Forum

Sawley
Postal town: Nottingham
NG10 3AL

Will Larter left this review about The Bell Inn

My 20th and final pub of the Alan Winfield Memorial Pub Crawl was reached with some relief. The three hand pumps on the bar in this run of the mill suburban pub offered me Greene King Abbot and Dancing Duck Ay Up, of which I went for the latter, but that's all that my notes tell me about the pub and about the beer that I drank. Actually, I can't remember drinking it, though I assume I did. And I can remember making my way to the station, where the train was late and eventually broke down before limping into Spondon where we were all decanted into another train to eventually reach Derby an hour late. To say I was almost sober by the time I got back to Sheffield would be an exaggeration; by the time I got to work at lunchtime the next day would be nearer the mark.

Date of visit: 5th September 2018

On 22nd October 2018 - rating: 5

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Bell Inn

Solid-looking pub, opened out inside to form a 'J'-shaped space with a small stage. Refurbished, but still fairly traditional. Patio tables out front. Three handpumps on the bar, with beers including TT Landlord and Pedigree (£3.15).

On 30th November 2013 - rating: 7

Alan Winfield left this review about The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn used to be a Shipstones tied house and it is the closest pub to Long eaton train station but hidden from view from it.
This pub has been opened out inside but still has different drinking areas around the bar, there were three real ales on the bar i had a drink of London Pride which was a decent drink.
This is a fairly decent pub to have a few drinks in.

On 28th January 2011 - rating: 7