Favourite gig with Spinko on the Pub Forum

Doncaster
DN1 3DZ

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about Urban Bar & Lounge

Urban Bar and Lounge is an open plan pub with seating at the front, a bar on the left hand wall and a DJ booth with adjacent stage on the right hand wall. There are a couple of plasma screens and a large projector screen can be found on the wall behind the stage. Sky Sports is shown and live premiership football was airing during my Saturday afternoon visit last month. It was reasonably busy with an older crowd who were taking advantage of the cheap drinks. My half of generic lager set me back 95p, which is cheaper than both of the Spoons I visited during a crawl of the area. The stage, DJ booth and abundance of standing room led me to believe that the demographic may change on weekend evenings.
The bar is stocked with standard draught and both of the hand pumps that I spotted looked as though they hadn’t been used for some time. It took a while to get served as the two barmaids had to finish their conversation. I was then served the wrong drink as the curt barmaid who finally got round to serving me didn’t listen to a word I said. Epic fail!!!
The toilets are located upstairs, but there is a disabled toilet at street level.

The major draw is the cheap booze, but I think that there are better pubs in the immediate area to have a beer in or watch the football.

On 31st December 2013 - rating: 4

hondo . left this review about Urban Bar & Lounge

2 real ale taps both off during my visit. Early opening and cheap deals.

On 22nd March 2013 - no rating submitted