Random news of the day with Rex_Rattus on the Pub Forum

Nant Peris
Caernarfon
LL55 4UF

Will Larter left this review about The Vaynol Arms

A lovely traditional roadside pub, a long, white-painted building that's impossible to miss if you're passing through. Once inside, there's a real fire and the walls covered with photos of mountains and climbers. The bar has three hand pumps, which are repeated on the bar counter in the back room. It's a Robinsons pub, and the beers were Wizard, Cumbria Way and Cwrw'r Ddraig Aur (which is what Cumbria Way is called in Wales - Golden Dragon). There was a stout on keg, so I tried that, just for a change, and it was ok. It was very quiet at the time of my visit just after opening time. I don't mind a pub being quiet, but this one had a radio playing in the background, which I could have done without. I'd be happy to return if in the area again, though.

Date of visit: 26th March 2019

On 31st May 2020 - rating: 7

John Horton left this review about The Vaynol Arms

Climbers pub. Basic pub with average beer - Robinsons when last visited a few months ago. Usual pub games. Large carpark separates pub from small church and a climbing club cottage. Does food but I've never eaten here so I'm not going to comment.

On 14th July 2008 - rating: 4