Disappointment of the week with london calling on the Pub Forum

Ye Olde Fleece Inn, Kendal

Highgate
Kendal
LA9 4TA

Reviews Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about Ye Olde Fleece Inn

This was going to be the last pub on my Kendal crawl, but when I approached at about 9:15pm, the new management team were just leaving for a well-earned pint at the Rainbow next door. They explained that, having moved in recently, they had been doing a lot of cleaning up and would be open for normal business as soon as possible. In fact, by the time you read this I expect they're trading as normal. This is one of many interesting old buildings on Kendal's main street, and I hope to return for a beer one day soon.

The above was my attempted visit here on 1st July 2013. I have since been back and actually got inside the door and even approached the bar. The smell of wood polish was overpoweringly strong - not what I was expecting. There were two customers, and a bored young woman was behind the bar. On the bar was a solitary beer - Youngs Bitter, brewed in Bedford. What is it about pubs in Kendal and the nationally available bog standard beers that they sell - or in the case of the Olde Fleece, don't sell. I just walked out.

Latest attempted visit: 28th May 2016