Beer of the Week (w/e 22nd November 2020) with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Eastbourne
BN20 9PG

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The British Queen

The British Queen has a nice sized lounge bar with wall seating and an over eighteens public bar that houses a dartboard, pool table, two plasma screens and a jukebox. Music is advertised for Saturdays and Sundays, there is a meat raffle every Sunday at 14:00 and the weekly quiz is held every Thursday from 21:00. The bar supports four hand pumps that were drawing Pride, Harveys Best and Old Sussex alongside Old Rosie cider and there is a standard draught selection from which the barman poured a decent pint of Guinness that came in at £3.30. Food is served, but I didn’t note what times the kitchen is open. There is a car park and some picnics can be found outside along with a smoking shelter.

This is a local’s boozer and although I got the stare from everyone as I walked in they soon got on with there own evenings and stopped eyeballing me. I’m not sure that I would go out of my way to drink here again, but I’d have no problem popping in for a quick half if passing by.

On 12th January 2011 - rating: 6