Wetherspoon's news of the day with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Eastbourne
BN23 8AP

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Farm At Friday Street

The Farm @ Friday Street (not to be confused with Friday Street Farm, like this muppet did) is a pub and brasserie so there is a leaning towards serving food, but the beamed bar area dotted with sofas is separate from the barn like split level dining area that is known as the Farm. If there is a large brasserie and bar in Emmerdale it will probably look like this one. The bar is stocked with standard and premium draught products and there are also five hand pumps that were drawing Pride, Landlord, Doom Bar and Harveys Best with one being off. I found the one of the barmaids to be on another planet as she served people either side of me that had arrived after and I then took offence as she then walked off to clean some glasses. I was finally served a decent pint of Guinness by another member of staff that was also a tad dismissive. I didn’t spot any TVs, but there was some Jack Johnson style back music playing that suited the crowd in attendance. On the way to the toilet I walked passed some bookshelves that were well stocked and I imagined sitting in here by the fireplace reading a book one cold winter’s evening – Nah, I’d rather be in a proper pub watching the football!
There are some picnic tables on the lawn outside the splits the pub from the ample car park.

This place seems to be a step up from the other carvery pubs that litter this part of the country and the bar area is nice enough, but I still cannot see myself hurrying back.

On 26th November 2010 - rating: 5