How Will Pubs Open? with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Parkend
Postal town: Lydney
GL15 4JD

Will Larter left this review about The Fountain

Cycling through the Forest of Dean and with time on my hands, I decided to stop for a swift half here. It turned out to be swifter than expected, as my arrival was only fifteen minutes before afternoon closing time. It's a large pub or hotel (there is bunkbarn accommodation advertised), attractively painted white with red trimmings. The bar counter is in clapboard style but the remainder of the interior is more conventional, though still in good taste. There are three hand pumps on the bar (see photo): I went for the local Hillside Pinnacle, which was a bit thin for my taste, but in good condition. I enjoyed my brief stop here and would be happy to call in again, assuming that my arrival coincides with opening times. For those who like that sort of thing, the terminus of the Dean Forest railway is a few yards away.

Date of visit: 11th May 2018

On 1st June 2018 - rating: 7

Bryn Williamson left this review about The Fountain

Fantastic village pub. Have spent many lazy summer evenings with friends, sat outside on the decking, just watching the world go by.

On 12th June 2008 - rating: 10