Random news of the day with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Teddington
TW11 8EW
Phone: 02089731510

Pub Type

Metropolitan Pub Co (Greene King)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Moby Duck left this review about The Teddington Arms

A modern Gastro style pub,it lacked in any real atmosphere and left me feeling rather cold, I had an ordinary tasting pint of Portobello Star.
I didn't take to this place at all.

On 28th December 2014 - rating: 2

john gray left this review about The Teddington Arms

Quite impressed by this comfortable pub. The ceiling looks good. Gastro- pubish but reasonable prices. The usual array of wooden tables stool etc but quality not tat. Ian Brown on the sound system is always a plus. Sky football on but in a side room so unobtrusive. 4 beers on Portobello-apa,GK-1799 porter,GK-house beer and a lovely pint of Adnams -Shingle Shells.

On 15th January 2014 - rating: 7

Rex Rattus left this review about The Teddington Arms

I wasn't going to bother with this pub having read a previous review, but the sight of five handpumps, four of them clipped, persuaded me to give it a go. The four ales on were Adnam’s Lighthouse, Sharp’s Cornish Coaster, GK St Edmunds, and Twickenham Pale Beauty (£1.85 a half). Not a bad selection by any standards and my Pale Beauty was in decent nick. I didn’t see any signs of food or menus when I was in on Tuesday afternoon.

The stainless steel ceiling is still there, but the bar football table seems to have gone. I guess if you go to the effort and expense of installing a stainless steel ceiling you would pretty much expect it to be a permanent feature. But if you can avoid looking up it’s not too much of a distraction. The pub’s clearly been opened up into adjoining premises and/or back rooms to provide quite a large pub, but nothing like ‘spoons drinking barn standards. We’ve got the usual mix of furnishings here, with its fair share of tall tables and tall stools, plus normal chairs with solid looking old leafed dining tables. All the tables had a cup and saucer on them, with each cup containing a tea light – highly appropriate I suppose. Also, there were no fruit machines, which is a big plus in my book.And they had a big pile of London Drinkers on a table by the door.

This is a better pub than I expected, and seemingly better than a previous reviewer experienced. But it was quiet when I was in, and of course having staff on who seemed to know what they were doing is a also a big help. This is not somewhere I would go out of my way to visit again, but on the other hand not somewhere I would avoid.

On 3rd July 2013 - rating: 6

Malden man left this review about The Teddington Arms

I have to confess to being a little unsure on entering, any pub with a stainless steel ceiling is unlikely in my experience to be especially appealing, however there are handpumps on the bar so I thought why not?
I waited a short while at the bar while firstly someone queried why his food had not arrived yet (the barmaid didn't know), then while a second person enquired as to the whereabouts of her cafe latte. Noting that of the four pumps, two were reversed, the others stating Twickenham Original and Ascot Exile Stout, when I finally got the attention of the barmaid I asked for a pint of the Twickenham. "I think that's off" she said, then asked a colleague. "Yes, it's off". I commented that the clip wasn't turned around, then she promptly switched it around and said "It is now!"
At this point I decided to leave before it got even worse.
There is a bar football table I noted for any enthusiasts.

On 24th October 2010 - rating: 3

john mcgraw left this review about The Teddington Arms

Modern comfortable pub selling up to 5 real ales plus a scrumpy cider. all the food is freshly cooked on the premises and you can watch the chefs doing this.seperate area for those who wish to dine in style

On 23rd January 2008 - rating: 10
[User has posted 2044 recommendations about 2025 pubs]

Alan Winfield left this review about The Teddington Arms

This pub had only been open about 6 months when i went in here,there was the main bar area which had bare boards and a seperate dining room.
There were about six real ales on the bar i had a drink of Adnams bitter and this was a very nice drink i noticed GK Abbot and London Pride but i car'nt remember the other beers.
This was a nice comfortable pub to have a drink in.

Pub visited 13/12/2003