Disappointment of the week with Bucking Fastard on the Pub Forum

Maidstone
ME15 6LP

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Ye Olde Thirsty Pig

15th-century listed building with various small rooms on two levels, and two dubious staircases you wouldn't want to tackle if you've had a few. Small ground-floor bar, with four handpumps offering good, Kent(ish) ales: Bexley Session Pale Ale, Spitfire Gold, Whitstable Try Time (£3.45 with a Camra discount) and Old Dairy Snow Top. This place has had its ups and downs over the years (and I don't just mean the uneven floors), and on my previous visit over five years ago I was pleased to see it doing the right things again, and I was glad to find it little changed again now.

On 21st February 2016 - rating: 7

Steve C left this review about Ye Olde Thirsty Pig

I didn't wander far from the small and dark street level bar at the side of the pub during my recent midweek early evening visit. The service was nonchalant and three of the four hand pumps were off leaving Master Brew as the lone ale option alongside some standard draught. Food is advertised, but I didn't see any menus or anyone else eating. In fact the six other patrons were all embroiled in a discussion about Lord of the Rings which was quite apt for the dank surroundings.
I spotted a pool table in another room but didn't investigate.

Next time I'm in the area I'll probably pop back in for another look around to see what I missed during this visit.

On 10th February 2013 - rating: 5

Chris 87 left this review about Ye Olde Thirsty Pig

This pub has an interesting tudor frontage but is rather uninspiring inside, which might just be me being hyper-critical. I was taken aback by the range of drinks on offer though, and the prices. £2 for a bottle of Quilmes is staggeringly good value, and is worth tolerating the dodgy noise that emanates from the jukebox.

On 8th July 2009 - rating: 6