New pub visits 2020 with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Woodchurch
Postal town: Ashford
TN26 3QQ

Rex Rattus left this review about Bonny Cravat

I visited this pub after having spent an hour or so next door in the Six Bells, and have to say that the comparison was not in favour of the Bonny Cravat. This pub seemed much less atmospheric than its near neighbour, seemingly more brash and modern and with the obvious false beams not helping its country pub credentials. It has a large separate room on the right, but we sat in the fairly small room at the front, which had only two or three normal tables and chairs. But an arch on the left takes you into another room, where half a dozen or so blokes were holding some kind of meeting when I visited, and which leads onto yet another room - a sports room of some kind as a pool table took centre stage. There's some outside seating as well.

Being a Shepherd Neame pub I was not surprised to see Master Brew, Spitfire and Whitstable Bay all on. I didn't see any menus around during our early Monday evening visit, but a couple on the next table were tucking into burger etc, and ham, egg & chips. Obviously I don't know what they paid, but it looked to be good quality nosh.

This is an OK pub, but it doesn't really have the same country pub feel as its near neighbour, and I don't think it's the sort of pub where you might drive to for an evening meal treat, whereas you would for the Six Bells.

On 25th September 2019 - rating: 5

trevor williams left this review about Bonny Cravat

we had a very nice meal at this pub. The people working behind the bar and the service was very good. We would recommend the Sunday lunch which was prepared as a carvery. There was 3 different types of meat.
We was told by the locals that the pub was under new ownership and the new people have put a lot of effort in to improve it. We was also told they have also had live bands which we are hoping to see sometime soon to give an report on.

On 19th April 2008 - rating: 8