Beer of the Week (w/e 15th Decenber 2019) with Bucking Fastard on the Pub Forum

Long Eaton
Postal town: Nottingham
NG10 4QB

Pub Type

Star Pubs & Bars (Heineken)

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Al Bundy left this review about The Mill & Brook

A good pub next to a canal. Two too.end which have a modern look and feel. Friendly staff and 10 handpulls on the bar. Decent choice of beer styles. Tellies were showing England Rugby and, thankfully, football too. A bright and clean pub.

On 4th February 2019 - rating: 7

Will Larter left this review about The Mill & Brook

A large, handsome pub with an impressive list of 10 beers, split between two banks of five hand pumps. I went for Pentrich Soma, which my notes tell me was "G Con bntmt". This appears to mean "beer not to my taste", though apparently the beer was in good condition. Although this was my 16th pub of the day I was sufficiently alert to find my way to the towpath which my pre-crawl research had informed me would form a short cut to the next pub. I left regretting that I had been unable to find one beer out of 10 that would have been "tmt".

Date of visit: 5th September 2018

On 22nd October 2018 - rating: 6

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Harrington Arms

Old-fashioned pub, retaining its two-bar layout, with a rather dated (but in its own way appealing) appearance. Traditional furniture and decor, but the old B&W photographs add a bit of interest. Courage Best and Castle Rock Harvest Pale available from the single handpump in each bar.

On 4th February 2017 - rating: 7

Alan Winfield left this review about Harrington Arms

The Harrington Arms is a sturdy looking corner pub.
This pub used to be an Home Ales tied house with a decent drink of Home bitter on the bar.
This is one of the few unaltered pubs left in Long Eaton,on my very recent visit the pub seemed pretty much the same as it did in the early 80s,once inside there is an oblong shaped lounge to the right,this room had comfy bench seating and was carpeted,there was a darts board to the rear,the seperate bar to the left is slightly bigger than the lounge,this room is also oblong shaped,the seating was bench type,there was a pool table and darts board to the rear.
To my surprise there was a handpump in each room,these both had Courage Directors on,this was a very nice drink and fairly cheap at £2.60 a pint.
The pub was fairly quiet on my Wednesday dinner visit,i quite enjoyed my quick drink here,this is a proper pub.

Pub first visited 1980