Wetherspoon's news of the day with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Keymer Road
Burgess Hill
RH15 0AD

Quinno _ left this review about The Top House

Large pub near the station. Very busy on my late evening visit with a live band on the go doing classic rock covers in a sunken area of the pub which didn’t exactly allow for audience participation so they were basically ignored – poor them. Three ales on, my first two glasses were filthy and sticky. Finally got my beer (Spitfire) in clean glass and it was rancid. For the price paid I got it replaced for a fairly naff but at least faintly drinkable Harveys. Interior is quite large and done out in a fairly chain-pub fashion. My Burgess Hill-based drinking companion did give me a health warning about this one and he wasn’t wrong.

On 2nd August 2013 - rating: 4

Steve C left this review about The Top House

The Top House is a huge L shaped pub within a stone’s throw from Burgess Hill Railway Station. There is a very big grass covered beer garden with very few picnic tables dotted about it. There are plasma screens throughout and these were all off at 22:30 on Tuesday night last week. I’m not sure if any sport is shown, but there were some very low songs playing randomly off the jukebox. There are lots of different seating areas and by the toilets there is an impressive looking toy vending machine. A sunken pool area with one table can be found to the left of the pub. Food is served and the specials board was full of pub classics that were all available for around £7. The bar supports three hand pumps that were drawing Young’s Special, Hobgoblin and Harvey’s Best along with a standard draught selection.

I wasn’t that impressed with this place as I think it is too big to generate much atmosphere, but it is better than the Railway next door.

On 18th January 2012 - rating: 5