Those two new Tier 2 rules explained! with NickDavies on the Pub Forum

TN13 1UX

Pub Type

J D Wetherspoon

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Malden man left this review about The Sennockian (JD Wetherspoon)

A double unit shop conversion Wetherspoons with an original mock Tudor exterior which follows the design of the others in the parade. A smaller version of the brand than most and notably one of the quietest customer numbers-wise that I have seen at the time of my visit. The unusual name is from the Saxon origins of the current town name and even now the inhabitants are Sennockians. There were a few of what I'd call guest ales on if not as many in other places, unfortunately the Coach House Blunderbus beer I fancied was not on apparently, despite being clipped and no coming soon badge showing. I ended up with a Porter of some unrecalled provenance instead. I noticed a beer from Long Man otherwise little more of interest.
A fairly routine layout, raised area to the rear and ground level toilets, some side booths and an outside bit at the back.

On 21st February 2018 - rating: 5

Aqualung . left this review about The Sennockian (JD Wetherspoon)

This is a smaller than average Spoons that opened in 1999. It is clearly a shop conversion of some sort and is a large open room with the usual Spoons furnishings and the bar on the left. There is a garden of sorts at the rear that consists of a small patio with tables and chairs that doubles up as a smoking area.
On the bar there are two sets of five pumps but the choice was not great as Doom Bore, London Pride and Vale Gravitas were all doubled up, one was unused and one had GK IPA. This left Dark Star Hophead and the International Adnam's Feral Hop Hog.
I went for the Hop Hog (£2.70) which I took to the patio as on my Friday afternoon visit the place was quite busy. I found a chair that one of the pathetic nicotine addicted muppets had stubbed their cigarette on despite the ash tray a few feet away and some wall mounted ones.
The other problem with the patio is that the noise from the air conditioning is quite obtrusive.
The beer was in excellent nick but was 50p a pint dearer than my local Spoons in East London.
For me this was a fairly average Spoons but I've been to a lot worse. One plus point is that the toilets don't involve stairs.

On 17th May 2015 - rating: 5

john mcgraw left this review about The Sennockian (JD Wetherspoon)

For a Wetherspoon's this pub is fairly small and on my visit did not have much in the way of guest beers on.One from Westerham which was fairly good and one from Weltons.Plenty of "available soon"

On 7th June 2010 - rating: 6
[User has posted 2044 recommendations about 2025 pubs]

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Sennockian (JD Wetherspoon)

Medium-sized, civilised 'spoons. Busy, but not crowded, at lunchtime. Small outside area at the back for smokers, but you could hardly call it a beer garden. Ten handpumps - one doubled-up (Ruddles) - and another three 'Available soon' when I last visited, but one could hardly complain because these were being got ready for a Dorking Brewery 'meet the brewer' event later that evening. Had a nice pint of stout-ish Molly Malone from Weltons of Horsham; excellent value at £2.15.

On 27th February 2010 - rating: 7