Disappointment of the week with Wittenden on the Pub Forum

Matlock
DE4 3LT

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about Twenty Ten

We found this place a lot brighter, livelier and busier, not all of which would be down to our recent visit being on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. Although there may have been a change of emphasis, or even a change of owner, they still have Matlock Wold Farm Bitter End 3.4%, which is as good as I remember it from more than three years ago. Still doing the 10% Camra members discount, too!

On 14th December 2018 - rating: 7

Real Ale Ray left this review about Twenty Ten

Four handpumps on our visit, along with a choice of four Craft, plus a good selection of bottled and canned beer from the fridge near the bar. We went for the Matlock Wolds Farm Matlock Spring and Amber Ales Brew Foundation. The owner was pleasant and chatty and was very knowledgeable about his beers. This bar had a rounded and relaxed atmosphere and attracts the more mature and discerning drinker.

On 29th April 2017 - rating: 7

Aqualung . left this review about Twenty Ten

This is another bar that I expected to be expensive and trendy. Inside it's a small wooden floored place with the bar on the right and a small raised stage further on. Most of the seating is high tables and chairs but there is a small group of armchairs and a low table. You have to assume this was once a shop.
There are four hand pumps which had one unused, Matlock Wolds Farm Bitter End & Riber Gold and Brew Foundation Laughing Water. I went for the Riber Gold which with the 10% CAMRA discount was £2.70. It was in good nick but a fairly ordinary beer. The brewery expanded from a 50 litre kit to a 250 litre one in 2015 so presumably this beer has some rarity value! They also have a selection of keg options with names like Brewdog, Beavertown and Magic Rock as well as a range of gins.
It doesn't have the cask choice of the Moca bar nearby but is still well worth a look.

On 13th March 2017 - rating: 7

Will Larter left this review about Twenty Ten

I was hoping to find this place open, as on a previous Sunday visit to Matlock we had found it closed at 5pm. That is still the case in winter, but the owner said that if there are people drinking at that time he wouldn't throw them out! There are three hand pumps on the bar, one serving the local Matlock Wold Farm Bitter End, a very interesting session beer with maltiness and plenty of earthy hops about it, the other beer being Amber Dambusters, another local ale. There were bottles of Wold Farm beers available too, and I took a couple with me (priced at £3.00) to enjoy at home. The Camra members discount @ £2.50 for a pint of real ale is a generous one, and I would now head for this in preference to my former favourite, the MoCa Bar across the road, on any future Matlock visits (assuming I get out of Stanley's Alehouse before this one closes, of course).

On 30th March 2015 - rating: 7