Yet another list with trainman on the Pub Forum

Whitby
YO22 4BH

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Delboy 20 left this review about White Horse & Griffin

Very narrow bar area but it does open up as you get further in. 2 beers on when I visited - Black Sheep and Landlord which was fine.

On 24th July 2018 - no rating submitted

Will Larter left this review about White Horse & Griffin

The long, narrow room to which the front door admits has a narrow bar at the end, with a restaurant through a doorway behind and a lounge upstairs. Two people were just in front of me and they, like me in my turn, were offered the chance to take our drinks up to the lounge, but I was quite content to remain downstairs where there are a few chairs to perch on, and so were they. It's far from publike and I couldn't help thinking that more could have been made of this room, but I suppose that at busier times it is not much more than a foyer and the real money is made from diners and those staying the night. The beer I had, Black Sheep Bitter, was in decent condition but I wouldn't return here unless on a mission to drink in every pub on Queen Street, for example.

Date of visit: 11th March 2018

On 3rd April 2018 - rating: 6

aleand hearty left this review about White Horse & Griffin

Re-opened as a pub, restaurant and hotel.

On 11th September 2017 - no rating submitted

Mike Hewitt left this review about White Horse & Griffin

We had lunch in here last Wednesday. We were initially impressed when the ale on offer turned out to be Timothy Taylors Landlord, but after waiting 55 minutes for our meals, which were alright, but nothing special, we left disappointed.

On 25th August 2010 - rating: 4