Random news of the day with Pubsignman on the Pub Forum

35 Bootle Street
Manchester
M2 5GU

Real Ale Ray left this review about Sir Ralph Abercromby Inn

A traditional pub tucked away down a side street and has managed to survive numerous threats to make space for another glass boxed tower as one of the customers put it. We visited on a Friday afternoon and the pub was moderately busy. There did seem to be a lot of bar staff on our visit, so it must get very busy on a Friday evening. The interior was mainly cream painted walls, along with lots of dark polished timber work and Dark brown bench seating. Along with a timber floor throughout and a pot shelf above the bar. Six handpumps serving beers from Wainwright, Lees, Mancunion and Brightside Brewing Co. We went for a the Brightside, which was in good shape.

On 17th October 2018 - rating: 7

Rob Hunter left this review about Sir Ralph Abercromby Inn

Visited Saturday afternoon. 6 hand pumps at the bar, all of which were on. Two were by JW Lees but the rest were more interesting. I recall there may have been one or two by Brightside, and the one I went for was the Factory Pale Ale by Manchester Brewing. You can't complain that Manchester breweries are not being represented here.

I first came in here a few years ago and I am pretty sure the real ale choice has improved since then. I like this pub, and it has the bonus of an outside area. One to return to.

On 16th August 2018 - rating: 8

Peter Rydings left this review about Sir Ralph Abercromby Inn

One of the Few Character landlords left Greek George been in the city center yearsknows all the Gangsters of the city and the wana be gansters.
His last pub was the Circus before he came here always good to see him for a chat. His Timmy Taylors was spot on

On 16th December 2012 - rating: 10

ROB Camra left this review about Sir Ralph Abercromby Inn

Long standing inn with a long standing landlord. It's a bit of a strange shaped pub really. As you enter there are two small lounges either side of the door and a further room towards the rear. Several TVs around the place all showing racing, the landlord was watching one of them intently so I suspect he'd had a bet. Four (I think) handpumps on the bar but only two beers available on our Thursday evening visit. The pint of Copper Dragon Golden Pippin I had was very average and that's being kind. After we sat down the landlord placed a small bowl of crisps in front of us. We then noticed that most other tables had been given them as well. A nice touch. It's a friendly little place, but sadly the beer wasn't very good.

On 6th November 2012 - rating: 5