BITE bites the dust???? with NickDavies on the Pub Forum

Brighton
BN2 1NF

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Rock

I visited the Rock on Tuesday evening last week when there were hardly any other customers. The bar is at the front of the pub and a door to the left of the bar leads to a lounge type area with fireplace. To the right of the entrance is a coffee bar and some more seating can be found around to the back. The toilets are at the rear behind the bar where there are steps up to a gallery and some steep stairs lead down to who knows where. The bar is stocked with standard draught and one of the hand pumps was unused leaving Harvey’s best and Doom Bar as the ale options. The only food that I saw advertised was the £4.50 pizzas and £7 roasts that are available on Sundays. There is a quiz every Thursday from 20:30 and there is live jazz on Sundays. I didn’t spot any televisions, but there was some quite loud random background music and a big pile of board games can be found by the front windows.

The barman was friendly and didn’t mind me quizzing him about the closed Swan over the road which doesn’t open on Tuesdays for some reason. I wouldn’t go out of my way to drink here again, but I would pop in every now and again if I was a local.

On 28th February 2012 - rating: 6