How Will Pubs Open? with Thuck Phat on the Pub Forum

Conwy
LL32 8LD

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Quinno _ left this review about The Erskine Arms

A surprisingly large multi-layered and multi-room with two bars that has obviously been comprehensively and trendily modernised recently; slate, wood, undressed stone that sort of thing. Quite tasteful and well-done, all told; a shame that COVID meant we couldn’t wander round and pick our seat and we ended-up in a sparse table by the lower bar though it was at least adjacent to an impressive smoking area. Ales on; Purple Moose Dark Side (NBSS 4) 2x Conwy and TT Boltmaker. Another impressive beer venue in this small town. 7.5

On 5th September 2020 - rating: 8

Ian Mapp left this review about The Erskine Arms

Good Beer Guide 2019 entry.

Posh Hotel, that has obviously had a serious and expensive make over since some of the reviews here.

Large busy central area but we did find a delightfully quiet "study" at the front of the building. All leather chesterfields and smart decoration.

Food was very good. Beers were limited in choice but the TT Boltmaker was in good condition.

A good pub that caters for many occasions and type of punter and much better than you would expect for a tourist location.

Recommended.

On 29th July 2019 - rating: 8

Aqualung . left this review about The Erskine Arms

This place has changed completely since the previous reviews. It's now a rather trendy place with an emphasis on food and set on various levels. Some of the rooms are reserved for food only as I found to my cost. One of these rooms has the rather pretentious title of "The Library". I did check but there was no sign of Professor Plum or Colonel Mustard.
The bar is split over two rooms with a total of ten hand pumps with some doubling up. Available were a cider, Courage Best, Heavy Industry Nelson's Eye, Tatton Epiphany, Conwy Clogwyn Gold and Black Sheep Special. I went for the Nelson's Eye (£3.60) which was in good nick.
Despite the range of beers I doubt that I would return here.

On 20th October 2017 - rating: 6

Al Bundy left this review about The Malt Loaf

Sadly nothing has changed since Mr Thompson's review. Apart from more dust collected. However all human life is here. Mostly asleep.

On 19th January 2015 - rating: 4

Clive Thompson left this review about The Malt Loaf

Has a rather depressing look from the outside which is reaffirmed the minute you go inside. Has a scruffy uncared for look to it. Mindless afternoon TV was playing to a bored and underworked barmaid. Pool table, dartboard. The Bass was OK but a bit flat and tasteless and I was thankful I only ordered a half as it allowed me to get out of there quicker.

On 3rd October 2010 - rating: 4