Lockdown 2 with Thuck Phat on the Pub Forum

SE1
SE1 9SG
Phone: 02074076962

john gray left this review about The Telephone Exchange

Nice modern Fullers pub but quite loud music.Usual expensive beer from Fullers but I am not the target market.Was in here when it first opened and they were providing table service which a nice touch. Friendly staff

On 15th June 2019 - rating: 6

Rex Rattus left this review about The Telephone Exchange

This is a Fuller's conversion, in the shadow of the Shard, that had on London Pride, Hophead, and Fuller's Botanist's Batch (£2.60 a half). They clearly do food as there's a separate and slightly raised area on the left with all tables laid for diners. But the main bar area for drinkers is larger, and as this where I sat I didn't get to see a menu. But I wouldn't expect the food prices to be cheap if the beer prices are anything to go by.

The pub itslef is all modern and characterless, but functional I guess. It's not very bright inside as the windows are relatively small and the awnings also cut down on the natural light getting in. I suppose I could also blame the promixity to the Shard. But I guess City types don't mind these sort of places. Furnishings are predictably a mixed bag - banquettes, a few normal tables and chairs and of course too many tall tables/tall stools. In the dining area the prints on the walls are all arty farty stuff, but elsewhere are telephone themed, with one wall having a dozen or so old (70s perhaps by the look of them) telphones mounted on it as decorative feature.

I reckon this is the sort of place you might drop into for a swift one - I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend any length of time in here, or it having any local regulars. And the beer prices are at the top end of the range, even by London standards.

On 2nd June 2019 - rating: 4

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Telephone Exchange

Formerly known as the Borough Bar, and Jamies, this has been taken and renamed by Fuller's - presumably after a former use of the building - and given quite an attractive refurbishment in a light semi-traditional style with (as you would expect) a 'phone-based theme. With two pairs of handpumps, I found Pride, the new Due South English Pale Ale (£5.20) and Hophead available on my first visit in it's new guise. Overall, despite the prices, a considerable improvement.

On 22nd April 2019 - rating: 7

ALASTAIR BARTER left this review about Jamie's

I took a photo 18 September 2012 when it was still the Borough Bar - you'll see that soon. Must have changed to Jamie's a few years ago.

On 26th April 2015 - no rating submitted