2020 Spring crawl: Preston on Friday, 17th April with Spinko on the Pub Forum

W1D 4UB
Phone: 02074375300

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Tris C left this review about Admiral Duncan

Dating from the early 19th century, I visited this pub once before in 1985 and remember it being a boozerish place, though I’m not sure if it was the epically famous gay venue it is today, tragically nail bombed in 1999, where three people died and inevitably, the interior must have been altered.
Two recent attempts to get in, have revealed either a gay disco or drag cabaret night with the likes of Jade Justine, Tanya Hyde and Wilma Ballsdrop performing, so I don’t know when – if ever – the place operates as a drinkery, but I think that a third attempt is probably not realistic.

On 18th October 2021 - no rating submitted

Moby Duck left this review about Admiral Duncan

Another pub with no real ale in this street, another gay pub, perhaps they don't like it.

On 31st December 2017 - rating: 3

Peter Rydings left this review about Admiral Duncan

Always call in when down here this was a very bad visit lad behind the bar was very ignorant to us there was only one other customer in music was far too loud and the bar man was not very polite dropped my change on the bar some went on the floor. Think it was because i was with my wife we have noticed this in a lot of gay bars.

But back in the 90s when this pub belonged to Scottish and Newcastle we had a charity night in our pub in ACCRINGTON. For those poor victims when the bomb went off would he have given me the same treatment if he had known what we had done in our pub for the Admiral Duncan

On 6th August 2014 - no rating submitted