Pubs Galore Autumn 2022 Midlands Pub Crawl. with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

55 Frome Road
Bradford-On-Avon
BA15 1LA

Blue Scrumpy left this review about The Three Horseshoes

A very strange place this. We were initially turned away as a family, apparently due to some Covid-related reason that I didn't quite understand. So, I ended up visiting alone.

The guy who had met us on arrival directed me to a point to wait to be seated. After a lengthy wait at the designated point I gave up and approached the bar to ask for a table for 1. The bar staff seemed a bit confused at this request and asked me what I wanted 1 of! A table for me - 1 person I replied, which was still met with confusion.

I enquired about what the real ales were, in particular the Parkway Norwegian Blue, but this request was met with similar confusion. I eventually opted for a soft drink, as the whole experience was being made too difficult. The 2 other ales were Otter Amber & Prescott Hill Climb.

From the street, the place looks rather dilapidated. Inside has the feel of a well-worn boozer, which does give the place some character. Although, the toilets were too worn to be described as characterful. The garden area is also very pleasant here, with dogs welcomed.

Some positives and negatives here. This could be a really good pub, but unfortunately the negatives do outweigh the positives.

On 3rd June 2021 - rating: 4

Nige Watts left this review about The Three Horseshoes

Very noisy and lively but the service was great as was the beer, Doom Bar, Butcombe and Hidden among others, all at about £2.50 per pint. Well worth a visit for the best kept beer in Bradford On Avon, at the best prices if you can put up with the eclectic juke box at full blast and most of the regulars being "characters", but very friendly. The toilet reeked of urine though, I don't think they bother cleaning it too often or heard of urinal blocks, marked down to 5 stars because of this.

On 20th June 2010 - rating: 5