Guess who I met today? with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Pub Type

Punch Taverns

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Quinno _ left this review about The Potters

Recently refurbished in a fairly upmarket manner which was an interesting contrast to the staff (who were friendly enough). Two ales on, Doom Bar and Harveys, which was in fairly good shape. Large family-friendly beer garden to the rear with decked area and plenty of grass. Impressive pool room with two tables. Not bad really, worth a look on a sunny day.

On 29th July 2013 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about The Potters

I was the only customer when I popped in on Tuesday evening last week and the bloke behind the bar was busy cleaning for an early finish. There are a couple of plasma screens and Crystal Palace v Cardiff in the League Cup semi-final was showing, maybe that is why it was so quiet. The jukebox was playing random songs and I must say that I haven’t heard the 1983 mega hit ‘Rat Rapping’ for a number of years. The bar is stocked with standard draught and the three hand pumps were drawing Harvey’s Best, Pride and Doom Bar. There is a decked area and garden out the back and there are also baby changing facilities. I didn’t spot any menus, but I would be very surprised if food isn’t served.

This is a clean and modern pub and I’d imagine there is a reasonable atmosphere when busier. If I ever find myself in Burgess Hill again I will pop back in to give it another chance.

On 18th January 2012 - rating: 6