Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Radstock
BA3 2JH

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rex Rattus left this review about Crossway Tavern

This is a pub of two halves. The inside half is a very basic pub, with a dartboard, pool table, and loud pop music playing when I was late afternoon/early evening. The only ale on was Doom Bar (£3.40 a pint) which was hazy but drinkable. I guess I should be grateful that there was one real ale on.

My companion and I decided to escape from the racket inside to the garden at the back. As you exit the back door you are in a covered smoking area with a good amount of seating; past this there’s a bridge over a small stream that leads to a very large garden area with plenty of picnic bench seating.This area also contains a large covered gazebo, plus a chidren’s play area. This was a very pleasant place to sit and enjoy a quiet pint. I wouldn’t make a special journey to this pub for the beer, or to sit inside, but it was definitely worth the ten minute walk from my chum’s house to enjoy reasonable pint in the lovely garden that they have here.

On 30th July 2014 - rating: 5