Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Postal town: Barnsley
S74 0PY

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Keys

Formerly the Cross Keys, but with a makeover that includes a pub sign with two keys resolutely not even thinking of touching each other, this is a change that says it is anything but a traditional pub. In fact it looks like a new building both out and in, but the young man who appeared to be the manager gave us an enthusiastic welcome straight out of the training manual. After we had ordered two halves from the three cask ales on the bar, he asked if we were Camra members and gave us 50p off the total for the round. My beer, a new one to me from 2 Roses Brewery called Fall, must have been ok or my notes would have said so, but I find it has left no lasting impression. It was fairly quiet at the time of our midweek, mid-afternoon visit and to be honest this is not really my sort of pub. Definitely better for ambience and decor than the nearby Saville Square, and better on the beer front than the Hare & Hounds; if I lived in Hoyland, I am sure I would call in from time to time.

On 5th November 2017 - rating: 7