Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

26 St. Leonards Road
Norwich
NR1 4BL

Quinno _ left this review about The Jubilee

Final visit of an epic day’s crawling. Almost killed me, up a b’stard of a hill. Looked very appealing from the outside though the interior is mostly modern refurb and naff music. The rear conservatory is a delight, a green superstructure that should probably graced a brochure in the early 90’s. This then leads to a lower level with nice tiered garden. Six ales on and (surprise!) neither were GBG quality, Elgoods Cambridge a watery NBSS 2.5 and St Peter's Plum Porter not quite cutting the mustard either (2.5). A younger crowd in here (locals or students?) with comedy relief provided by a voodoo gothette witch doctor who cured my drinking companion of pub-bothering hiccups. The atmosphere made up for the deficiencies on the beer front and I quiet enjoyed my 30 minutes in here but wished it had just gone that extra bit further.
Visited early August.

On 12th September 2021 - rating: 7

Will Larter left this review about The Jubilee

A back street local that is not all that far from the city centre or the railway station, and well worth any effort expended in getting here. The bar is split between two rooms, with nine hand pumps serving mostly local ales plus a real cider; there are craft keg options too. Although we visited at a quiet time of day, this pub clearly has its roots in the community - if I lived in this part of Norwich I would be very pleased to call it my local.

Date of visit: 21st February 2018

On 1st November 2018 - rating: 8

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Jubilee

Unpretentious-looking backstreet corner pub retaining a two-bar layout. Pleasantly traditional furniture and decor. Rear patio and beer garden. Upstairs games room. Nine handpumps in total. Only had time for a quick pint of the 'house' Life Behind Bars from Grain Brewery (£3.00, brewed to celebrate the landlord's 20 years in the business), but I would rate this as a 'must visit' for my next visit to Norwich.

On 23rd June 2013 - rating: 9

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Jubilee

I only had to look at this pubs image and wanted to visit. This traditional back street Victorian pub ticked all the box's for me. This pub is extremely well kept you only have to look at the exterior to know want standard the inside is going to be like. Once through the doors you enter a small lounge area with bar counter and continue onto a larger lounge with the main bar. On arrival we recieved a good welcome and served some very well kept ales. Eight ales on handpump, I went for the Woodefords Ketts Rebellion and Beeston Brewery 25th anniversary Ale. Defo will return.

On 3rd November 2012 - rating: 10

Alan Winfield left this review about The Jubilee

I walked up a steep hill to get to this pub but it was worth it.
The Jubilee is a smallish corner pub that i quite liked i saw two real ales on the bar and had a drink of Woodfordes Nelson this was very nice the other beer was Woodfordes Wherry.
This pub looked well kept from the outside with hanging baskets and was just as nice inside i would happily come here again.

On 9th October 2010 - rating: 8