Micropubs with bcfczuluarmy on the Pub Forum

Teddington
TW11 8UD

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rex Rattus left this review about The Red Lion

This is another of those pubs that has been given a modern makeover to make it appear more swish, and I suppose appear more attractive to a younger crowd. The flooring is bare pine, or pine effect, there are scrubbed pine tables, far too many high tables and stools, and more high stools with barrels as tables complete with empty wine bottles cluttering them to add atmosphere I suppose. There were also a couple of sofas with the coffee table accompaniment, and some reasonably standard tables and chairs in an area behind and to the left of the bar counter. The wall decor was typically modern and minimalist. There was no food on offer, at least during the weekday lunchtime of my visit, and the unnecessary pop music was being played a bit too loud for my taste. In fact the place looked as if it was a pub pretending to be a wine bar – or vice versa – as the only menu I saw was a wine list. But although they did have Doom Bar and Deuchars IPA on handpump, I doubt whether I would return.

On 11th July 2010 - rating: 4