Blank Reviews with Dave M on the Pub Forum

E11
E11 2EY

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Quinno _ left this review about The Nightingale

Located in the back streets a short walk from Snaresbrook tube is the striking Nightingale, a listed building and painted remarkably green. The interior is spread out over four distinct areas coming off a central bar and the décor is comfy and welcoming, akin to an extension of one’s living room with (yet more) green upholstered banquettes, stools and curtains. We settled in the snug area next to the fire (forgot to see if it was real or not) and I’d have been happy to do a good shift on the ales here. Four were on over the five pubs though I shamefully neglected to make a note of them, I do recall, however, they were mainly from mid-sized regionals. Quality was good though prices were a little on the steep side. Pub grub is offered and I would have been tempted had I not had other crawlees to consider. TV was showing the Six Nations and there were some old brewery mirrors for decoration. I liked this one and would happily make the effort to call again.

On 24th March 2012 - rating: 8

Rex Rattus left this review about The Nightingale

A very green pub this, and I’m not referring to its ecological credentials. The exterior is a surprisingly attractive mix of green and cream, and inside the banquettes, curtains and stools are all dark green, with the walls painted a light green. The carpet’s a dull red though. It’s got a central island bar, the furnishings are banquettes, stools and normal tables and chairs, and although there is a small room at the back with tables set for diners, this is by no means an upmarket foody pub. The menu is packed full of pub grub at very reasonable prices. Sandwiches are between £2.95 and £3.50, and the daily specials, such as steak and kidney (and ale) pie are all £6.95. The classic all day breakfast is £5.95. There are the usual array of TVs on the walls, but only one was on during my Wednesday lunchtime visit, apparently in order to play Magic Radio.
The ale choice definitely needs a mention. There were five ales on – Courage Best; Ringwood Boondoggle; Jennings Cumberland; Nethergate Suffolk County; and Everard’s Tiger (£3.45 a pint). I had the Tiger, which was excellent. This is a very good ale selection for a pub that is somewhat off the beaten track. Although it’s not perfect (personally I could have done without the radio station being broadcast over the pub), this is an excellent, comfortable, clean and well cared for pub. Close to being a gem I would say. I would most certainly love to pay a return visit.

On 30th March 2011 - rating: 8