Those two new Tier 2 rules explained! with rpadam on the Pub Forum

E8 2JS
Phone: 02072540999

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Alan Winfield left this review about The Kingsland

The Kingsland is situated on Kingsland high street,just the sort of street i like doing pubs on.
This pub was a god send after walking past six pubs that had not opened after 11am and on a warm day.

It looks like the pub has had a new paint job and now looks a bit gawdy from the outside,but once inside it is a pretty basic pub which is bare boarded with the bar facing,the room is L shaped and the seating is bench type to the right with bucket chairs,there are alo bucket chairs and tables to the front,there is a pool table to the rear right.
There were no real ales on the bar and the keg bitters were GK IPA and John Smiths Extra Cold crap,so i opted for a half of Heineken which went down very well.
There was background music playing and the pub was fairly busy on my Saturday dinner visit.
I was happy enough having a drink in this pub.

Pub visited 11/6/2016

On 30th July 2016 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about The Kingsland

I’m not sure what to make of this place as it could easily be a great boozer, but there are so many things wrong. I’d imagine that there is a good atmosphere when football is being shown on the many screens, but muted woman’s wrestling and country and western music for background noise just doesn’t really do it for me. It wasn’t surprising that there were only two other people in the pub whilst a group of ten younger lads were all out the back on the sheltered decking. There is a pool table and I popped my head into Bobby Jo’s bar that is located on the left hand side of the pub, but only discovered some more seating.

There is only a standard draught range and the printed wine lists dotted around the bar don’t take long to read as there are three whites and three reds. The Guinness was good, but the barman wasn’t the most talkative. There is a food menu that consisted of the usual pub grub, but I didn’t see any kitchen opening times.

I was glad when I had finished my pint and could leave as I could feel all of the energy draining from my body.

On 17th September 2010 - rating: 4