Beer of the Week (w/e 24th May 2020) with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

E5 0LF
Phone: 02089861591

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rex Rattus left this review about Elderfield

This pub is on CAMRA's London Inventory of pubs with historic interiors. It’s nowhere near as magnificently appointed as many other pubs on the Inventory, but the most unusual vertical wood panelling on the walls in the room on the right is an attractive, almost art deco, feature. There is another room reached via and archway to the left of the room mentioned above. This is a much plainer, and larger, room than the other, but is similarly furnished with normal tables and chairs and, perhaps more importantly, is where the handpumps are located.

The ales on when I was in last week were London Pride, Doom Bar, Adnam’s Broadside, Timothy Taylor Landlord, and Harvey’s Sussex Best. This is hardly an inspiring selection, bearing in mind that this pub is located in an area chock-a-block with microbreweries producing some excellent ales, but it is a functional selection nonetheless, although the beers are all in the same style. There was also a draught cider, but I failed to make a note of what it was. I didn’t notice any food (this was my tenth pub of the day so maybe I wasn’t concentrating), but I would be surprised if they didn’t do any.

This pub had a fairly young, apparently well-heeled, crowd in. The ale selection is “OK”, and I liked this place as a pub. I would visit again.

On 21st April 2014 - rating: 7

john mcgraw left this review about Priory Tavern

This pub changed its name to The Eclipse but because of a problem it is going to change its name again, but at the moment it is not known what to

On 17th July 2007 - no rating submitted